With Christmas around the corner, I thought it would be the perfect time to share my Christmas bucket list. Last week we attended a local Christmas walk and tried our hand at making a glass ornament. The weather was a little chilly, but it helped to have a hot cup of wassail followed by a nice cup of coffee. Although there are a few snow-related items on this list, Illinois has yet to see a good amount of snow!!! I’m wondering if I might have to carry this list on to the New Year!
If you need to keep track of your holiday list, click HERE for the free printable.
I created two free fun printable tags just in time for your holiday gift wrapping! These work best if printed on heavier cardstock.
You need to give this recipe a try! I love a delicious cup of wassail, it is perfect on a chilly day, to sip on while watching a Christmas movie, or perfect to serve on Christmas Day! I hope you love it too, let me know if you give it a try.
- 4 apple cider
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 2 lemons sliced
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 10 cloves
- 1 TBS. honey
1. Slice the orange in half and pierce the skin of each half with 5 cloves.
2. Cut the lemons into 1/4" slices.
3. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Pour into cups and garnish.
Some garnish ideas: star anise, cloves, apple slices, lemon slices, cinnamon sticks. If you're adding alcohol, be sure to add it after you've removed the wassail from the heat.
- 2 cups of your favorite dairy-free milk alternative
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate (chopped or morsel size)
- a splash of peppermint oil
- whipped cream-optional
- candy cane-garnish
1. Combine milk, sugar, and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Mix with a whisk until chocolate has melted.
3. Add 3 drops of peppermint oil to the hot chocolate once it's off the stove.
4. Serve and enjoy.
Garnish with a candy cane, marshmallows, or whipped cream.
I hope you enjoy the recipes and that you get to try some fun Christmas season activities. Tell me in the comments if you have some fun family traditions to add to the list. If you use the gift tags be sure to tag me at #marialaurin I would love to feature your picture!